Friday, February 25, 2011

Cravings: Chocolate + Ryan Reynolds


So tonight I was craving 2 things.
#1 Chocolate
I didn't have my standard York Peppermint Pattie on hand so I went to my back up that doesn't make me feel like I'll have to run 3 miles to make it up.

Easy Homemade Chocolate covered strawberries
-Slice up some strawberries
-Heat up some Ice Cream Hot Fudge topping
-Drizzle over strawberries
-Enjoy :)


#2 Ryan Reynolds
I love Ryan Reynolds. He just might be my favorite actor. He's ridiculously handsome, hilariously funny, and unbelievably ripped.

Exhibit A


Exhibit B

My obsession started when I got my first taste of Ryan when he starred in Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place. Ryan played Michael Bergen or 'Berg' as he's known on the show. An extremely easy going pre-med college student and his two best friends Pete a neurotic architecture student and Sharon a tough girl with a soft heart. If you have never seen this show you have sorely missed out. It only ran for 4 seasons, and sadly you can't even buy it on dvd right now! So unfair.

Later I saw Ryan in Just Friends and I remembered how funny he is! The movie does have several crude parts, but as a whole it's got a good heart and is very funny! Ryan plays Chris Brander, a fat teenager who's in love with his best friend Jaime Palamino, but stuck in the friend zone. He graduates high school vowing to never be stuck in the friend zone again. It's almost painfully funny to watch, and it's pee your pants funny to see him in the fat suit!
Definitely, Maybe was my next favorite movie of his. It's a very sweet romantic comedy with him playing a loving soon to be single father. He's Will Hayes who's in the middle of a divorce who has a 10 year old daughter Maya, who's just had her first sex-ed class. Maya insists on learning how her parents met. He gives in and tells his story, but turns it into a mystery by telling 3 different love stories from his past. It's a great go-to chic flic movie!
The Proposal combines my love for Ryan Reynolds with my love for Sandra Bullock. She is one of my favorite actresses, and the combination of the two of them is fireworks! Ryan plays Andrew Paxton, executive assistant to Margaret Tate (Sandra) the boss everyone has nightmares about. Margaret also happens to be a Canadian who was too late on her paperwork and is now being deported. To stay in the country she decides to blackmail Andrew into marrying her, but she gets a little more than she bargained for when she ends up in Alaska with Andrews entire family. An awesome choice for any movie night! It's also got Oscar from the office in it, although his role might make you laugh, cry and cringe all at the same time!
The Green Lantern is an upcoming movie set to come out this June with Ryan starring as Hal Jordan aka The Green Lantern. To be honest I know very little about The Green Lantern, but I'll be sitting in that theater opening night just because of Ryan. :)

It also stars Blake Lively who I love from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

So if you didn't already love Ryan Reynolds I hope that now you do. Here's one more picture for you to look at. I know I will!

4 comments:

  1. Ryan Reynolds! I know, right? LOVE HIM. Can I sit next to you at Green Lantern? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it! I'll bring the York's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang you.. now i need to get me some strawberries. And Ryan is tasty. Definitely Maybe was good. :) And just friends makes me cringe.. but it's cute too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Friends is one of my favorite movies EVER. Only whenever I quote it no one knows what I'm talking about :( Ryan Reynolds is hilarious...and pretty ripped in that pic.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...