Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Top 7 TV Shows I Watch Over & Over

We've stopped buying most DVD's, but what we can't help but buying are TV shows. We watch them over and over. Why you ask? Let's say it's a normal boring night and you've got a ton of laundry to fold...what show are you going to pop in the DVD player to keep you company while you fold and fold. Here are some of my top choices...

GleeThere are few things I love more than hilarious shows with musical numbers. Add to that an incredibly rude, highly politically incorrect, yet ridiculously funny Cheer-leading Coach and you've got pure gold. The characters are naive, yet full of depth. If you want to hear more of my thoughts on Glee check it out here.

SmallvilleThere is something so captivating about watching a shy, regular guy transform into a confident hero. I also can't get enough of watching Lois and Clark fall in love.

The OfficeSometimes this show is actually painful to watch. Michael's stupidity is amazing, you never knew anyone could be so clueless. And you can't help loving Jim & Pam's romance! It's so easy to imagine yourself working in an office just like theirs.

Gilmore GirlsMost of the guys I know who've seen this (mostly because of their wives or girlfriends) complain that they talk too much. While when I think about it, yes, they do use A LOT of words, it's just never bothered me. I love the mother/daughter relationship between Rory and Lorelia, I love their pop culture references, I love the string of boy friends and broken hearts they leave behind them, but most of all I love Luke and Lorelia.

Instant StarHere's another show full of great musical numbers. Every episode has a great new song and it's so fun to watch. But the best part is Jude and Tommy's relationship. It starts off as hopeless because she's underage, but they can't help but miss how much they understand each other. They are both flawed people who often make horrible decisions, but their hearts are in the right place. Something always seems to be in their way, but that doesn't stop them from dreaming.

Boy Meets WorldI've said it before and I'll say it again, Boy Meets World is the best show ever! It's funny, it's heartwarming, it's thoughtful, it's wonderful. I don't know if I love the Cory/Topanga relationship more than the Cory/Shawn relationship because they're both awesome. I DO know that Eric is my favorite. I'm anxiously counting the days until the last season comes out on DVD.

FriendsFRIENDS, I think, may go down in history as one of the most loved shows ever. It never gets old! I can laugh myself to tears every time I watch it. We bought the entire series for Christmas several years ago and we've said many times how it was one of the best things we ever bought.

You're turn!

2 comments:

  1. I watch How I met your mother over and over again.. And I agree w Gilmore Girls and Friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I Met Your Mother is pretty good :) Come visit me tomorrow and we'll watch it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...