Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Angela's 'No Fail' Brownies

Our family has a certain brownie recipe we use. It's awesome and we all drool when we see them so I thought I'd share the wealth. It's more of a cake brownie than a fudgy one just to warn your fudgy brownie lovers.

Angela's No Fail' Brownies
It only now occurs to me that I'd always assumed that 'Angela' referred to my mom's sister Angela but I've never been told either way. In any case, I've always had some extra love for my Aunt Angela because of these brownies!

Ingredients:
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
1 tea salt
2 cups sugar
3/4 unsweetened cocoa
1 tea baking powder
4 eggs
2 tea vanilla

Instructions:
Melt shortening & cocoa together then set aside to cool
In one bowl sift flour with baking powder & salt
In another bowl beat eggs until white, then add sugar
Add cocoa mixture to egg mixture & blend well
Add in flour mixture & vanilla & mix well
Pour into 9"x13" pan
Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean

Top with powdered sugar, frosting, ice cream, or just eat them plain. They are delicious any way you eat them! Does anyone have a recipe for me?

3 comments:

  1. Hehe, I think this is my mom's recipe. I've definitely made these many times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. **blush** awww you are so sweet. I knew it was your moms favorite recipe but I didn't realize it had become your families favorite recipe! But now I must reveal the truth....it's my Mother-in-Law's recipe. Now you know why I married Len. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had been wondering ;) Just kidding! But I can see how the awesome brownie recipe put him over the top.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...