Sunday, May 15, 2011

I've got a PHD in horrible


So I don't know if you've heard of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, but I've recently become a fan. My sisters have been talking about it for ages, but I kept putting it off. While they constantly talked about it, no one really told me what it was about so I had pictured it as a kind of Bill Nye the Science Guy for adults. Happily I was mistaken and it's actually pretty amazing.

Dr. Horrible was created during and because of the infamous Writers Guild of America strike that interrupted my 'viewing pleasure' in 2008. Brothers Joss & Zack Whedon teamed up to write this masterpiece (Joss is responsible for Buffy the Vampire Slayer & the spin-off Angel), and released it exclusively on the internet. You can watch it instantly on Netflix right now.
Neil Patrick Harris (who we love from How I Met Your Mother, an episode of Glee, and of course Doogie Howser) stars as Billy aka Dr. Horrible. An 'evil genius' trying to make the move from amateur to professional. The only problem is that he's just too nice to be too bad. He's constantly battling, Captain Hammer.
Nathan Fillion (who currently stars in Castle, and he's been on awesome shows like Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place & Buffy the Vampire Slayer) is the 'hero' Captain Hammer. He's loved and worshiped by just about everyone, except Dr. Horrible who's seen the pompous, jerky side he hides so well from the gullible people who love him.

And Dr. Horrible's dream girl Penny is played by Felicia Day. Penny is an idealistic, kind girl who just wants to help people. She has captured the heart of Dr. Horrible without ever speaking to him. Unfortunately Dr. Horrible was too slow in working up the courage to talk to her, and Captain Hammer beat him to the punch.

Check out some of the great music in this musical. Cheesy yet awesome.

Awesome Song #1

Awesome Song #2

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...