Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sweet Mango Pork Tacos

Oh my heavens this is an awesome recipe. After Tad got his first taste he says "This is phenomenal. Better than a restaurant." Who doesn't love getting compliments like that! I was a little intimidated to make the salsa myself, but I'm glad I braved it. It really was pretty easy. Found this on Everyday Art and am SO GLAD I did. Here's what she had to say:

I love this recipe because its a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, and super versatile.
My favorite way to eat it lately is as a taco with mango salsa,
but it also works great in burritos with black beans and rice, quesidillas, on a salad with corn, beans, tomatoes, and a cilantro dressing... however you like!
And if you don't need a whole roast-worth of meat, just freeze the extra for another time.


Here's the recipe...
It's not an exact sort of thing, I've never actually measured any of the ingredients, but I'll give you an estimated amount. Don't over think it.
Put in a crock pot-

Pork Roast
3/4 cup Salsa (I prefer fresh)
1 diced Mango
2 tsp Cumin
1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
if you want it sweeter you can also add some brown sugar

Cook on High for 4-5 hours
Remove the roast and shred it.
Return it to the pot and add Juice from 1/2 lime
Serve however you like!

Here's the mango salsa recipe
1 diced Mango
1 diced Red Pepper
Green Onion
Cilantro
Lime Juice

I also like to top the taco with a little sour cream that has some lime juice and cilantro mixed in.

Enjoy!

Make it, eat it, love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...