Sunday, August 28, 2011

Honey Lime Enchiladas

I'm always on the look out for a good recipe and I've recently found one. Sisters in the Kitchen posted these Honey Lime Enchiladas and I knew I had to try them. I don't normally like enchiladas, but Tad loves them so I was excited to try an enchilada recipe I thought I'd like. It was a big success, not only because it tastes great! It is so super easy to make AND it's great the next day. So if you're looking for a new recipe to throw into the dinner rotation here it is!



Photobucket
Marinade -
6 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons lime juice (1 large lime)
1 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (I just used 2 cans chicken)
8-10 flour tortillas (I bought these jumbo tortillas, so ended up only using 4)
1 pound monterey jack cheese, shredded
16 ounces green enchilada sauce
1 cup heavy cream (I used half and half because I used the last of my whipping cream making ice cream)
Photobucket
Mix the first four ingredients together and marinate the chicken for at least a 1/2 hour, but preferably a half day or so.
Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan.
Fill the tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.

Put tortillas in 9x13 pan as you go.

Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and pour sauce on top of the enchiladas.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until brown and crispy on top.

Enjoy!

Like I said, this is great! Give it a try.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...