Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bad Day Times 4

All that I can think about right now is that short story I learned when I was in elementary school, Alexander and The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.So let me tell you about my day.

1:00 AM - Tad wakes me up and tells me his stomach pain (which had been growing since early yesterday) is so bad that he wants to walk to the hospital which is over a mile away. He wants to walk because our car is in the shop. We decided to wait till morning to see if his pain gets better or worse. He watches PSYCH while I try and sleep through the nightmares I'm having about worst case scenarios.

5:30 AM - Tad's pain got no better and he wakes me up again with the bad news. We finally get a hold of my poor grandparents who wake up early and rush over to watch our kids and drive us to the ER.

6:00 AM to 10:00 AM - We spend several hours in ER, finally discovering that Tad has appendicitis and will need surgery today. In the mean time, my grandparents are watching out kids. Unfortunately for them Scarlett has a severe diaper rash and an upset stomach. She ends up vomiting all over my poor grandpa.
10:00 AM to 1:00 PM - Tad gets moved to surgical floor and we wait for an OR to open up. I managed to get my car picked up from the shop with help from my mom and her lunch break.

1:00 PM to 2:30 PM - I come home to relieve my grandparents and find a little girl who normally you can't get to stand still laying down on the couch like the sicko she is. She spent all day crying and cuddling with whoever would pick her up. Poor thing. I manage a visit to Tad with the kids before they take him in for surgery before I have to rush home and leave for school. I have to take a test in 30 minutes and get to class by 3.
2:30 PM to 5:00 PM - I manage to finish my test in 25 minutes and get to class on time. While I'm in class and my mom (who had to take the afternoon off) is home with the kids a pipe in our apartment bursts. I realize the only thing I've eaten all day is 2/3 of a cinnamon roll and decide there's no way I can make it through my 2nd class.
5:00 PM to 7:00 PM - I come home to find the large hole in the hallway of our apartment from the burst pipe. I spend a half hour cuddling my sick girl, then Wes and I go to visit Tad. Unfortunately my car wont start. I borrow my mom's car and we make it to the hospital to see Tad. He's out of surgery, and so groggy that he can't keep his eyes open. Wes gave him his Pooh Bear to help him feel better. We leave him to sleep and stop by the store on the way home to get Wes diapers which he is in desperate need of.
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM - My mom finally gets to go home. I manage to bathe and feed my kids and get them down to bed. With some help from our favorite neighbors we get my car working again. THANK YOU!

9:00 PM to 10:00 PM - So here I am, exhausted like I haven't been since I gave birth to Scarlett, minus one healthy husband to keep me company, and trying to keep my eyes open long enough to finish this post. Here's hoping you day was better than mine.


  1. :(. I should have come to St George! I so wish I was there! :(. Miss you. Sad for you. Hope tomorrow is better.

  2. Ohhh! So sad! I wish I could have been there to help! Get better Tad and Scarlett, and I hope your car works better...Take a nap today!

  3. What a day! Craig told me that Tad asked to be "excused" from their first meeting because of surgery :) I hope he feels better soon. Please let me know if I can do anything? We'd love to have Wes down to play!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...