Saturday, November 12, 2011

Poetry Corner

Perspective
Stepping back I crane my neck and strain my eyes to see
The massive monstrous mountain that’s grown in front of me
I’m so tired of being blind to what will come my way
I wont spend another second waiting here today

Not here, not now, I’m sorry to say
For you I have a better way

Nursing injuries, nursing pride I start to go around
I quickly find that I am lost and cry out to be found
Suddenly I seem to see a clearing past the trees
Excitement rises as I glide forward with the breeze

Not here, not now, I’m sorry to say
For you I have a better way

Sitting still, and very lost, the day has turned to night
Through the trees and coming close I see a beam of light
Racing for the lighted path things begin to change
The wall of trees has turned to stone, everything feels strange

Yes here, yes now, don’t turn away
You have found the better way

Deep breathe in and deep breathe out I get my feet to start
The wall of stone goes on for hours, fear clutches my heart
When finally I reach the end, the path is clear at last
The mountain that consumed my future, now lies in my past

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...